It's August 1991. The band is enjoying a break after touring overseas in the US with Ride and the two European festival gigs. It is well time to now return to the September Sound recording studio and begin laying down some fresh tracks. A new release is needed to support their growing popularity. And so, with the returning talents of producer/engineer Robin Guthrie and engineer Mitsuo Tate, Miki, Emma, Chris and Steve make it happen...
Lush's new song material for the upcoming EP are to be Nothing Natural, God’s Gift, Monochrome, and a cover of the Dennis Wilson song Fallin’ In Love, with a targeted release date for October.
And now, a bit of trivia...
- September Sound Studios is located in Twickenham, England
- It is most popularly associated with Robin Guthrie's band, the Cocteau Twins, set up for the purpose to record their own albums
- It has since been closed down
- The studio was formerly Pete Townsend's Eel Pie
- And finally, as a rare bonus for you, the reader, I've included this link leading directly to the actual September Sounds loo! - The Seat (as seen on cocteautwins.org)
Excerpt of Nothing Natural
by Emma Anderson
Before I met you I was blind
Pills and liquid filled my mind
Beneath your outline I was new
Overflowing with your tune
And don't you know you're beautiful...