Friday, October 7

Black Spring :: October 7, 1991

Twenty years ago today...

If you've read the previous post (as I know you should have) you already know that todays the anniversary of the release of the Black Spring EP in the UK. By this time Lush was established as a "shoegaze" icon but more importantly they were established in the hearts and minds of their growing fan base.

Where were you when Black Spring came out? I was a music geek, constantly on the look out for new music, new bands and developing my tastes beyond punk, finding treasure troves in the offerings from the indie labels, especially 4AD. The Throwing Muses, the Shop Assistants and the Primitives were among my personal faves at the time I first heard the music of Lush. And I was eagerly looking for, no, scratch that... more like extemely intent without resting until finally laying my hands on a copy of the new Black Spring at my local import records shop as soon as the EP became available in my neck of the US.

LUSH : Black Spring
Label: 4AD – BAD 1016 CD
Format: CD, Single
Country: UK
Released: 07 October 1991

Tracklist
1 Nothing Natural 5:58 >Listen @ Amazon.com
2 Fallin' In Love written by: Dennis Wilson (2) 2:43 >Listen @ Amazon.com
3 God's Gift written by: Berenyi 4:12 >Listen @ Amazon.com
4 Monochrome 5:08 >Listen @ Amazon.com

Credits
Bass: Steve Rippon
Drums: Chris Acland
Guitar, Vocals: Emma Anderson, Miki Berenyi
Written By: Anderson (tracks: 1, 3, 4)
Producer, Engineer: Robin Guthrie
Engineer [Assistant]: Mitsuo Tate
Photography: Jim Friedman
Design: Vaughan Oliver

Notes
Recorded at September Sound, London, August 1991.

Purchase Black Spring (CD or Digital) at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment